Get to grips with the complex relationship between climate change and migration. Understand how changing weather patterns and disasters will alter patterns of migration. This half day course looks at what these changes mean for people, governments and civil society.
WHERE AND WHEN
Amnesty International UK Human Rights Action Centre
17-25 New Inn Yard
London EC2A 3EA
9.30 am - 1pm
- This course offers particpants the chance to engage with this topic in depth and explore one of the most controversial and complex issues facing society.
- Explore the science of climate change and how altered weather patterns and disasters will change migration.
- Examine the kinds of migration that might result from climate change impacts. Look at where, when and how people might move.
- Attendees will have the chance to examine some of the latest scientific evidence and research and explore what this evidence shows us.
- Critically assess the latest legal and political responses to climate-linked migration. Explore when and how law and policy might need to change.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested in the consequences of climate change and how they might alter patterns of migration
- People working on issues such as human rights, migration and refugees, international development, climate change, disaster relief and preparedness.
- Anyone working on connected issues from government, academia and civil society
- Anyone wanting to gain an understanding of the political, legal and economic solutions to climate-linked migration and displacement
The Climate and Migration Coalition - a programme looking exclusively at the links between climate change and migration, and the rights of people impacted.
Climate Outreach - a leading climate change communicators, bridging the gap between research and practice and helping to widen engagement across a broader spectrum of society.
The briefing will be lead by Alex Randall, a leading expert in climate-linked migration and displacement.
17-25 New Inn Yard
London, EC2A 3EA
|Large institutions, government and international agencies (turnover > £1Million) £ 80||£ 80.00|
|Medium sized organisations (turnover £250,000 - £1Million) £ 60||£ 60.00|
|Small charities and non-profits (turnover < £250,000), individuals £40||£ 40.00|
|Free place||£ 0.00|